If you would like more information about new election laws, election code, municipal code, state laws and federal laws, click the links below to visit various resourceful and informational sites.
California Legislative Information website
- Elections Code – EC – All Sections
- Education Codes – EDC §§ 5000 – 5442 – ELECTIONS
- Government Codes – GOV §§ 23000 – 33205 – GOVERNMENT OF COUNTIES
- Government Codes – GOV §§ 34870 – 34886 – GOVERNMENT OF CITIES-Election of Legislative Body by or From Districts in Cities
- Government Codes – GOV §§ 81000 – 91014 – POLITICAL REFORM (includes FPPC regulations)
California Secretary of State
The California Secretary of State is a great resource for valuable voting and elections information for California.
Department of Justice Civil Rights Division
The Department of Justice Civil Rights Division home page offers a wide variety of helpful information about voters rights across America. The site provides breakdowns of various federal voting laws and what they mean for voters.
United States Election Assistance Commission
Commonly referred to as the EAC, the United States Election Assistance Commission was created as a result of the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) and is charged with developing guidance to meet HAVA requirements, adopting voluntary voting system guidelines, and serving as a national clearinghouse of information on election administration. EAC also accredits testing laboratories and certifies voting systems, as well as audits the use of HAVA funds.