Protecting Your Vote
Transparency – Security – Accountability: These are the compasses that drive our actions. I and my staff take pride in the work we perform as public servants to ensure our elections are transparent, secure, and accountable.
— Danielle Sexton, Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters
We regularly hear a lot of information and misinformation nationally about election integrity. We understand there is so much information about Elections right now that it is hard to separate reality from conspiracy. Our biggest fear is that a lack of voter trust will lead to lack of participation. Please don’t let that happen!
As a department, we have always been dedicated to ensuring transparent elections to ensure the highest integrity, protect voter rights and promote voter participation. Our doors are always open, and we work hard every day for the voters in our communities! Examples of our on-going dedication to the integrity of our Election process are as follows:
- Signature verification training performed by a forensic handwriting expert through our state organization.
- Address and location reviews to ensure they are accurate and occupied.
- Updating voter registration with changes of address or death notices, keeping our registration clean.
- Additional voter outreach to share news and information.
Our Election Ballot Process
Our office uses Dominion election systems to scan ballot results. In a basic explanation, ballots are scanned by ICC Ballot Tabulator units. The results are stored on a server that is directly connected to these units. The election results reports are printed from a computer also directly connected to this server. This, in the most basic sense, is our use of Dominion for election results. The results are then manually provided to the State. None of the equipment, including the server, is connected to the Internet or any other system. The equipment is incapable of being accessed remotely or connected the internet as their modems have been removed and/or disabled.
The ADA and RAVBM Dominion systems are voter accessible ways for paper ballots to be cast. No electronic voting information is saved or stored in relation to these systems. For more information visit our Accessible Voting site: https://elections.inyocounty.us/voting/accessible-voting/
Click Here to read more about Facts about Mailed Ballots.
Transparency – Security – Accountability
Visit our Election Results page to learn about our audit processes, and to view the results of the audits which were performed on prior elections. A simple explanation of our audits is: random ballots are manually hand counted by the public. The hand count results are compared to the election results reports printed from our Dominion tabulation units. The results of our past audits have confirmed there are no discrepancies in the elections results. https://elections.inyocounty.us/post-election-audits/
The Election Observer Panel is open to the public. This panel invited to observe all procedures of the election process, including Logic and Accuracy testing, vote by mail ballot processing, election clerk training, Election Day activities, Election night counting, and canvassing procedures. (Press Release 4/18/22)
- UPDATE: 5/28/22: Washington Post: No evidence of exploitation of Dominion voting machine flaws, CISA finds
- Inyo County Elections Department is committed to full transparency to uphold the integrity of elections. In Inyo County, all ballots are subject to a post-election audit in each election. These audits are conducted in public and open to observation. Visit our Inyo Elections website to learn more about our audit processes and the results of audits from prior elections: https://elections.inyocounty.us/post-election-audits/
- Visit our Inyo Elections website for News and Press Releases as they are issued: https://elections.inyocounty.us/news/
- Visit California Secretary of State web page for information on California Elections Rumor Control: https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/election-cybersecurity/rumor-control
- Visit our Inyo Elections website for prior Election Results: https://elections.inyocounty.us/results/
- Visit Dominion web page for information on Election Disinformation and Facts about Dominion and its voting system: https://www.dominionvoting.com/ .
- Dominion featured on “60 Minutes” broadcast airing 10/23/2022 on CBS and Paramount+ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dominion-voting-systems-conspiracy-theories-60-minutes-2022-10-21/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7d&linkId=186518837