Registering is the first step to voting. You can check your registration status, update your registration, or register for the first time using the resources below.
Current Inyo County Active Voter Registration Count:
As of May 1, 2023: 10,863
How to Register to Vote
To change your voter information, please re-register to vote.
Who Can Register to Vote
Requirements for registering to vote in Inyo County:
- You’re a U.S. citizen
- You live in Inyo County
- You’ll be at least 18 years old before or on election day
- Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony
- A court has not found you to be mentally incompetent
For additional eligibility Requirements, visit: https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/voting-california/who-can-vote-california/voting-rights-californians
You may pre-Register to vote if you are 16 or 17 years old, and meet all of the other eligibility requirements to vote. You will automatically be registered to vote on your 18th birthday.
When Should I Re-Register?
When to re-register to vote:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party preference
- You haven’t voted in the past four years
The process to re-register is the same as the process to register to vote. You can re-register online or re-register by mail.
Registering before an Election: In California, the deadline to register to vote is 15 days before election day. Please register early! If you miss the deadline, you can still vote conditionally.
How can I cancel my California voter registration?
If you are currently registered to vote in California and would like to cancel your voter registration, you can complete the California Voter Registration Cancellation Request Form (PDF) and submit it to your county elections office. If you have any questions, you can contact your county elections office or the Secretary of State’s Voter Hotline at (800) 345-VOTE (8683).
Voters facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, contact the Safe at Home Program or visit the Secretary of State’s website.
Inyo County Board of Supervisors has approved Confidential Voter Registration for Public Safety Officers per California Elections Code § 2166.7. Please email our office to obtain additional information and an Application. email@example.com
Conducting Voter Registration Drives
Interested in registering voters? We can help! We encourage everyone to exercise their freedom to increase voter participation among the residents of Inyo County. The Inyo County Elections Office is here to help you, or your organization conduct a successful Voter Registration Drive.
Everything you need to know can be found in the SOS Guide to Voter Registration Drives.
Steps needed to host a Registration Drive:
- Read the full context of the SOS Guide to Voter Registration Drives and Appendices A-F (Click here)
- Contact our Elections Office to set up an appointment! Call 760-878-0224, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- During your appointment you will need to display an understanding of the requirements set in the Guide and agree to follow the expectations per California Law. A Driver’s License or State Identification Card will be required during your appointment.