Become an Election Worker
The Inyo County Elections department is currently recruiting election workers for upcoming elections. Election workers are a critical part of the election process. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and earn extra money in the process.
- If you’re a citizen, you must be registered to vote. If you’re a legal permanent resident, you must meet all voter eligibility requirements besides citizenship.
- You must be available to work on Election Day, November 3, 2020, from 6:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. or until all of the closing procedures have been completed.
- You must be available to attend one training class.
Election workers are paid a stipend for volunteering. The stipend is set by the Inyo County Board of Supervisors.
- Technician – $150.00
- Inspector – $100.00
- Election Clerk/Poll worker – $80
- Student poll worker – $80
- Training Class attendance – $30
If you’re interested in being an election worker, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training classes will be held remotely this election, due to the COVID-19. A packet of information with the dates and times of the training classes will be mailed to all volunteers in October. If you would like to volunteer, but do not have access to a computer, alternative training options will also be made availible.