Become an Election Worker
The Inyo County Elections department is currently recruiting election workers for upcoming elections. Election workers are a critical part of the election process. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and earn extra money in the process.
- If you’re a citizen, you must be registered to vote. If you’re a legal permanent resident, you must meet all voter eligibility requirements besides citizenship.
- You must be available to work on Election Day, November 3, 2020, from 6:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. or until all of the closing procedures have been completed.
- You must be available to attend one training class.
Election workers are paid a stipend for volunteering. The stipend is set by the Inyo County Board of Supervisors.
- Technician – $150.00
- Inspector – $100.00
- Election Clerk/Poll worker – $80
- Student poll worker – $80
- Training Class attendance – $30
- COVID-19 Training Class – $30
If you’re interested in being an election worker, contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for volunteering to help your community vote! Training classes will be held remotely this election, due to COVID-19. A packet of information will be mailed to all volunteers ahead of the training, with all of the information they need to assist voters on Election Day.
Training classes for the November 3, 2020 Presidential General Election are currently scheduled for:
- Friday, October 23 – 9:00 am to 12:30 pm via Zoom meeting.
- Friday, October 30 – 9:00 am to 12:30 pm via Zoom meeting.
All election volunteers will be required to attend one of these training sessions. If you are unable to attend in person, let us know and we will send you information on how to view the training class outside of the current scheduled times. Volunteers will also receive a separate link to take an online training specific to COVID-19.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting details.